Friday, November 08, 2002

She's the one to remind, the one that you left behind

I saw the ethereal and pregnant Donna DeLory perform at the Mint last night. I've missed her. I discovered her at Luna Park in the spring of 1999, while waiting for KSN to arrive. We were there to see the next band. She captivated me as I walked downstairs carrying a glass of red wine. It felt David Lynchy. We got on her mailing list and went to every show, until I left the state and later the country.

It was raining when I left. It's still raining now.

I've lived alone for the better part of five years, but for some reason I get a little creeped out when I'm alone in this house after dark. It's illogical, since we have a ferocious guard iguana and an attack Lhasa apso, but still. I had a dream that I realized is a recurring one, where a strange man is in or is trying to get into the house through the side door. In last night's, I pulled up in the driveway to see the side door slightly opened. I could tell there was a man in there doing laundry so naturally I assumed it was Roy. But when I came in, it was a stranger. He said he was sorry, he just wanted to use our washing machine. I picked up the phone to call 911, but he hung it up. I managed to force him out and lock the door, but when I got to the front door to make sure it was locked, the man had come in and was sitting on the couch in the living room.

There was also a dream about camping in the desert and HK's boyfriend busting in on me in a public bathroom stall.

No comments: