Saturday, December 28, 2002

I don't want to hear it

I love the movies. They're probably my favorite pastime. For that reason, I don't want to talk about them anymore. Why should I be made to feel your intellectual inferior because I liked Titanic? Saw it three times in the theatre. You don't hear me saying, "What? You didn't like it?" the way my superiors will say "How can you like that crap? It was awful." Of course, I really do want to talk about movies, just without the emotion. Unless we both liked it. Or hated it. Then it's okay.

Wanna know what I've seen since I've been back in LA? I bet I can't even name them all.

Nicholas Nickleby
Gangs of New York
The Two Towers
Adaptation
Frida
The Quiet American
The Chamber of Secrets
Punch-Drunk Love
Personal Velocity
Far From Heaven
Secretary
8 Mile
Moonlight Mile
White Oleander
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Bowling for Columbine


And none of those made me angry enough that I needed to attack anyone who liked them more than me. Actually, they were all pretty good. JB and I did rent one that pissed me off, but not so much I needed to make anyone feel bad about themselves over it. In fact, I'm having to look it up on IMDB to remember the name -- The Deep End. We've also rented 40 Days and 40 Nights, Sum of All Fears, A Walk to Remember, Roger and Me and my mom and I got our first batch of Netflix yesterday -- Donnie Darko (I don't get it), Pollock and Divided We Fall. And Q and A gave me my first DVDs for X-mas -- Say Anything and Heathers.

Don't even get me started on how much I've been enjoying Buffy, 24, Will and Grace, American Dreams and Law and Order: Special Victims Unit.

No comments: