Monday, February 17, 2003

Power to the People
Or How Instant Karma's going to get you


So I'm at a town meeting today when the guy in front of me asks my new best friend the mayor to explain an article in the paper -- my article -- and asks who authorized the reporter to report that information. Folks, I'm tripping. People are learning things for the first time from my stories. People are reading my stories. My life has meaning.

Also bringing me great joy is my little alligator who has learned to come find me in my room and jump on the desk, knocking over a photo of me and my brother. What's not so cute is his clawing at my beaded lampshade, nearly knocking over the lamp and then sitting across my keyboard. Kind of reminds me of the little fuzzy dog who likes to sit on the newspaper you are reading. Emerald's claw got caught under the }] key, flinging it across the room when I pried him from the computer. As you can see, I have replaced the }] key and it works just fine.

I feel like a hypocrite talking to you and your racist friends

Never would have occurred to me that WWW is anti-protest, cus she asked me if I wanted to go to the peace rally and I assumed she'da gone with. 'Course she knows I'm an F-Bush person and I know she's not. Anyway, I don't think I'm allowed to protest actively, which is why I didn't take up the anti-war people's offer that I come to their meeting after the protest yesterday (which was cold, incidentally, but not rainy. Now I know what "rain shadow" means).

But I got to tell you, some of the pro-war people really ticked me off. And no, I don't mean support the troop people. Interestingly, some anti-war people told me they support the troops. And some support the troops people told me they don't want war. Fine. Super. Fantastic. But how about those jackholes with We Must Attack Iraq signs? I'm so anti those people. Especially when they, without basis, accuse the opposing team of busing in anti-war protesters from Seattle and elsewhere. Yeah, because it wasn't enough that hundreds of millions protested against war all over the world on Saturday, the peace camp needs representation so badly on your little street corner that they are rallying forces from the surrounding metropolitan areas. Also, I don't get why the pro-war people think they're so clever to accost people with No War for Oil signs with the observation that they probably drove there. There's a freakin' oil refinery within the city limits. I'd say that's one good argument for why we don't have to go to war for oil. I'm not saying that's the only reason Bushie wants to go to war ... just arguing in favor of domestic oil, s'all.

No comments: