Saturday, March 01, 2003

All the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner, they'd be your partner

This week's film about a serious woman journalist played by a pretty blonde named Kate is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. And I'm sorry, but Matthew McConaughey makes me want to rethink my list. He had me at A Time to Kill. I just forgot about him between then and Wedding Planner. And then again til now. Kate Hudson is way too blonde in this film, but it's otherwise a deliciously fluffy confection.

I went on a very nice hike yesterday to a cliff that overlooks bluffs and shoreline and has more than a 180-degree view of the islands and a naval base. With three environmentalists, a photographer and two beagles. As part of my job. One of the land protecty guys started talking about how he used to hunt pheasants. Cognitive dissidence anyone? Another gave me a book of hikes in the area, a $13.95 value. Apparently Friday is get muddy day, cus last week I traipsed through the daffodil fields. I think I need a pair of fingerless gloves, so my hands can keep warm while I take notes. And perhaps a weatherproof jacket. On daffodil day I was chastised for my lack of rubber boots.

No comments: