Saturday, May 05, 2007

Well read

I read a book about how to fit more reading in my life, which is where I got my audiobook inspiration, which turned out to be a splendid idea, as I am spending at least 10 hours a week in my car, it seems, and can get through a book a week that way.

So I am reading 5 books concurrently. I keep one in my purse for lunchtime reading, one on my desk at work, one on my bedside table and one next to the couch in our library (also known as the Asian Serenity Room). Plus the one in my car, which tends to be the one I am most involved with.

In my car: Portrait in Sepia, Isabel Allende
Bedside table: Tracks, Louise Erdrich
Purse: Travels with Charley, John Steinbeck
By Couch: Dog Love, Marjorie Garber
At work: Mountains in the Clouds, Bruce Brown

And since I was traveling by plane this week (to see Mom's new house), none of those seemed right for travel (not even Travels with Charley, for some reason), I started The Color of Water, by James McBride.

No comments: