Friday, November 14, 2008

November rain

So how 'bout that economy, huh? And that election?

Paul Rudd stole my joke, by the way. On a promo for his episode of Saturday Night Live this weekend, Beyonce asked him what he thought about the election and he covered his ears and said, "Don't tell me, I taped it and haven't watched it yet."

Of course my version was more up-to-the-minute, I Facebook-statused, "Don't spoil the election results, I TiVo'd it." (Yikes, according to urbandictionary.com, it should be "tivoed." I'll grant that the apostrophe doesn't make any sense, but for some reason I prefer it that way.)

Someone actually asked me if I really TiVo'd (tivoed) it.

And for the record, I did wind up voting for Obama and not third-party. And I'm glad I did, after reading this column. Who wants to feel left out of history?

I'd also like to note that I was in Chicago on election night in 2000. And I was at the inauguration on Jan. 20, 2001. Shoot! Eight years too early!

No comments: